Friday, September 4, 2015

WHERE TO START????

Greetings everyone!!!   Sure hope ya'll are staying cool, cause we are hot,
hot, hot!!!  

I'm going to start with our day at the St. Louis Arch.  We got tickets for
early in the morn & the ride up was "over the top".  The views were awesome
and we enjoyed the Old Capitol & Cathedral.  Lots of pics & a great time!!

The bad stuff happened while we were up there . . . Someone broke into our
truck & stole my purse & Mike's wallet & his camera case.   I lost my D/L &
all the paraphernalia you accumulate in a purse,  the blessing was we had our
credit cards & cash & cameras on us!!   The police met us & we were told
that they look for out of state tags & they didn't break the lock, so no alarm
went off.   They were pros.    Needless to say, it has been a nightmare trying
to get our insurance cards, soc sec cards, etc squared away.

The other bad news is we have to come home early as I can't open a new
checking account without being at the bank (I had two check blanks in my
wallet).  I'm so thankful that I have a friend at the bank who walked us thru
& got everything froze.   They got $75.00 on a card I had as a back-up!! 

From there we went to Land Between the Lakes & spent a few days just to
relax & de-stress.  Yes,  Dee got a little stressed with no id, nothing!!  Just
feel so naked.  So thankful it wasn't any worse than it was.   We really enjoyed
the area with all the history, dams & beautiful lakes. 

We are now at Leon & Patsy for the BBQ.  What wonderful friends & the
party is Sunday aftn.   We will leave here on Tue morn as we have to be at the
bank on the 9th.   The Nashville part of the trip will wait for another time.
Wishing everyone a great Labor Day.

Love & Blessings!!     Mike & Dee:)

No comments:

Post a Comment